Thursday, July 23, 2015

I fell in love....

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the weather was amazing for January. We were cooking out with the windows in the house wide open, which should give you an idea of how nice the weather was. We were sitting around visiting with friends when someone suggested a book that I should read. Being a VERY reluctant reader I didn't believe that it could be that good, so she let me borrow the book and I was unable to put it down! Monday, January 19th, 2015 is when I fell in love with reading! I have been reading everyday since. 

My reading goal for the year was 20 books. I reached that goal so I decided to shoot for more and bumped it up to 50. I probably hadn't read 20 books in my entire life! I had always hated reading, and found myself falling asleep most times. I would read the same page a billion times and still couldn't tell what I had read. So I am very shocked and proud of myself for becoming a reader! Now I have decided to start posting my reviews on the books I've read. I will not be going into to much detail for now but in the future I plan to have more in depth reviews.  

The first book I read which is the one that made me fall in love with reading was Marked by P.C. & Kristin Cast. The authors being from Tulsa, Ok and basing the book in and around Tulsa giving me details I myself could recall making the whole book series House of Night, (Marked being the 1st of the P.C. & Kristin Cast series) the series that captivated my attention. I'd give this book 5/5 🌟 and it gets my Bombshell approved stamp! 

#2 Betrayed by P.C & Kristin Cast 5/5🌟 
#3 Chosen by P.C & Kristin Cast 4/5🌟
#4 Untamed by P.C & Kristin Cast 4/5🌟
#5 Hunted by P.C & Kristin Cast 5/5🌟
#6 Tempted by P.C & Kristin Cast 4/5🌟

I had to take a break from House of Night while waiting on the library to order the others. 

#7 The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 3/5🌟 I loved the movie! But to me the book was slow. It was still a good read but I won't re-read it. There are a lot in the reading community that love this book. I just couldn't get into it. 

#8 Burned by P.C & Kristin Cast 3/5🌟
#9 Awakened P.C & Kristin Cast 3/5🌟 

Again took a break to wait! 

#10 Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James 4/5🌟
#11 Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James 4/5🌟
#12  Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James 4/5🌟
Loved this trilogy! Definitely give it a recommend! 

#13 Destined by P.C & Kristin Cast 4/5🌟

#14 Fallen by Lauren Kate 3/5🌟 there is a few more in the series that I haven't had a chance to read yet. 

#15 A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest 4/5🌟 this is a big series I've read 3 books so far I've been told they get better so I'm holding out hope!

#16 That Night With My Best Friend's Brother by J.S. Cooper 

#17  Falling For My Best Friend's Brother by J.S. Cooper 3/5🌟 these 2 go together so I rated them 
together. 

#18 Fancy White Trash by Marjetta Geerling 4/5🌟 My daughter found this one for me at the library after reading the 1st page I had to read it! This book is hilarious! I read some to my husband who also found it hilarious! I definitely recommend giving this one a read! 

#19 Where The Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller 5/5🌟 this one gets the Bombshell stamp of approval! Highly recommend that you give this book a read! I read it in one night, I couldn't put it down! 

#20 A Shade Of Blood (Book 2 in A Shade of Vampire series) by Bella Forrest 4/5🌟
#21 A Castle of Sand (Book 3 in A Shade of Vampire series) by Bella Forrest 4/5🌟

Finally back to House of Night Series! I got tired of waiting on the 10th book to come from the library so I read the cliff notes from other bloggers and found out there wasn't much to miss so I moved on. 
#22 Revealed by P.C. & Kristin Cast (#11 of the HON series) 3/5🌟
#23 Redeemed by P.C. & Kristin Cast 3/5🌟 I couldn't be happier to be finished with this series! I loved it as a whole but after a book 6 it slowed down and dragged out with the exception of book 9. I was ready for it to end! I would still recommend the series because I thought it was good overall. Every book still had a good climax and cliff hangers wanting you to still know what happens next. 

I hope this helps some of y'all reluctant readers find your next book to fall in love with! 

Blessings,
Ashley

Don't forget to friend me on Facebook. Follow me on Instagram @not_your_ordinary_bombshell. Follow me on goodreads Ashley Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment