Thursday, August 25, 2016

Whatcha Reading Wednesday: The Curse of The Bruel Coven Book Review

So sorry about getting this up a day late! Hopefully, now that I am feeling my 100 again life will get back in order! 



"The Curse of The Bruel Coven"
Genre:Young Adult, Paranormal /Witches, Fantasy, Mystery, Fantasy/Magic
Paperback, 184 pages
Published June 3rd, 2016 by Exit 80 Publishing


When secrets from the past collide with the present, the consequences may be deadly. Vivienne Davenport is an ordinary teenager—at least, she thinks she is. Then the untimely death of her mother reveals a family secret. She's adopted . . . and her real mom is a witch. The truth only complicates Vivienne's life further. Buried deep within her family’s history of magic is a deadly curse that has plagued them for generations. When her birth mom disappears, Vivienne must tap into her suppressed powers to save her long-lost mother—and herself. Can Vivienne become the witch she needs to be? Or will her newfound powers prove too much for her to handle? Only one thing is certain: She will soon learn that all magic comes at a price. 


This book started out a little slow but gained momentum after a few chapters.  Yes, it's your typical YA book, but it kept me turning the page. It is a short and fast read, the story itself goes fairly quick.  I was very surprised at the lack of love interest but, it was really refreshing.  I really enjoyed Sabrina's descriptive writing style. I really could picture every scene  in the book. They way she describes the New Orleans witch/magic vibe is exactly the way I picture it. I would recommend this book for sure if you are into paranormal YA books. It is a great beginning to the series, and I can't wait for Sabrina to publish the next one. 




*I received this book from the publisher for an honest review from Netgalley.*



Be Kind, Be Beautiful, Be You-Ashley

Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss a post! Leave a comment I'd love to chat with you! And as always if you can't get enough of my fabulousness you can join me on any and all my social media. They are all linked below.


Snapchat




No comments:

Post a Comment