Friday, August 19, 2016

My Newest Little Addiction

So sorry about not having a post up yesterday. I was too tired from staying up way too late Wednesday night all for good reason, I promise! 

Wednesday I went to visit my Mawmaw and Pawpaw and have dinner with them, as well as visit with my uncle that was in from Georgia. My Uncle is an amazing guitarist and while we were there he taught Kord a few chords on the guitar, which he was excited about. He has been practicing every day and wants to learn more! It was a very nice visit, I really miss getting to visit more often with my Mawmaw. As a kid, I was over there just about every day. I have always been close to my Mawmaw We all joke around that I'm the favorite grandchild out of the 7 grandkids. (We all know it's true, though! haha) 

Anyways, back to what this story is all about. After the visit, we had to finish up school supply shopping for Cadence. So we took off to Target. Stopped off at the Target Dollar Spot and picked up the supplies I needed for my new planner! Yes, that's right, I said it, P L A N N E R!!!!! I am so beyond excited to join in the planner community and finally stop forgetting to do things and forgetting dates and appointments! I picked up the binder and the inserts plus a couple of washis. I didn't pick up the page flags inserts because I had heard they were not that great of quality. My Target didn't have the best selection of planner stuff so I will have to go back when the new dollar spot products are out. So after picking up the rest of Cadence supplies, we headed off to Dollar Tree. My Dollar Tree was seriously lacking in the office supply and sticker/craft area. I couldn't find the gel pens and there was no washi! Ugh really was not happy! I did, however, get some adorable stickers, paper clips, reminder flags, and double sided tape. Everything from Target and Dollar Tree including Cadence's school supplies came in under $30! Woohoo for thrifty shopping! 




Came straight home and got started setting it all up! I was not happy with how flimsy the dividers were so I ran them through the laminator. After a couple failed tries and cutting mistakes, I am somewhat happy with the finished project. I also made a pocket for the front. Not happy with it but it works for now at least until I can find my scrapbook paper. 








Bonus to being a headband and bow maker, I have supplies running out of my ears and had all the supplies to make adorable paper clips! Woohoo!!! These were sooooo much and came out so cute! I can't wait to make some more. 


 



Thursday I spent the morning filling in the dates and decorating it. For a beginner with not much in supplies, I am really happy with the way it turned out. 

August Monthly Layout
August 18th -21st weekly layout
August 22nd - 28th weekly layout

I also made a cute little charm out of an old necklace, earrings that I was missing the other one, and some special keychains. I am absolutely in LOVE with they way it came out! It may be my favorite part of my planner. Although the bows are a very close tie to my fave. 







Well, that's it, my finished baby! I am so excited to share my weekly and monthly layouts with you. They will be going up on Sundays/Mondays. And if you're interested in planner DIY's let me know in the comments and I will try and post some as tutorials. 



I hope you all have a splendid weekend.
Be Kind, Be Beautiful, Be You-Ashley

Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss a post! Leave a comment I'd love to chat with you! And as always if you can't get enough of my fabulousness you can join me on any and all my social media. They are all linked below.


Snapchat

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Great job!!! You're should go into business and sell these...so,proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you momma! I might. For now though Im enjoying keeping them for myself! lol

      Delete