Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tasty Tuesday: Hamburger Stew

With fall right around the corner and storms moving in, Soups and stews are a staple in our household. Even though it's still summer we had a cool front move in that brought some serious storms our way. Stew sounded so good. It's quick and easy, bonus it's really budget friendly.

Hamburger Stew

Ingredients
2lbs ground beef (chicken, turkey, pork will also work)
2 cans green beans or frozen (which is my preferred)
2 cans corn or frozen (which is my preferred)
2 cans carrots or frozen (which is my preferred)
2 cans of potatoes or frozen (which is my preferred)
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce
Salt
Pepper
and other desired seasonings

Instructions
Brown meat in a large pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste and your other desired seasonings. Mine are always salt, pepper, garlic, and onion. Drain off grease if you have to much. 
Open and drain all cans. Add all veggies, diced tomatoes, and sauce to the pot with the hamburger meat. Add some water to thin out to your desired amount. I like mine a little thick. Taste and adjust your seasonings. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer on low for at least 15 mins the longer you have in your schedule to let it simmer the better. Stir occasionally. This stew gets better with time, the longer you let it simmer and leftovers are soooooo yummy!! Top with cheese and a slice of cornbread and dinner is ready! 

I hope you enjoyed today's recipe. What is your favorite soup or stew? Or what is your go to fall recipe?  


Be Kind, Be Beautiful, Be You-Ashley

Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss a post! Leave a comment I'd love to chat with you! And as always if you can't get enough of my fabulousness you can join me on any and all my social media. They are all linked below.


Snapchat


No comments:

Post a Comment