Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tasty Tuesday: 12 Kitchen Hacks

I am so sorry about getting this up a day late. I thought I had published it but I guess I saved it instead.

So I was looking on Pinterest and I found some awesome Kitchen Hacks, so I thought I'd share! Some of these I already use, some I am definitely going to try out. 



12 Awesome Kitchen Hacks


1. Shred chicken breast with a stand or hand mixer. 

(Use this. Makes shredding so much easier and faster!)



2. Use your pizza cutter to cut your herbs.


3. Skip Having to Turn Roasted Veggies in the Oven.When roasting vegetables, preheat the oven with the baking sheet already inside to avoid having to flip foods halfway through.

4. Tired of buying a whole bushel of fresh herbs only to use a teaspoon and then watch the rest go bad until you need it a week later? Next time, freeze rosemary — or basil, parsley, or oregano — and olive oil in an ice cube tray. Just pop one in the pan when cooking.

5. Keep Your Cutting Board From Slipping. Don't let your cutting board slip as you cut by adding a damp dishcloth underneath the board. 

(You can also cut a piece of no-slip shelf liner and place under your board as well.) 

6. No time to boil water. Use your Keurig. 

( I also use this for steaming my face before doing a face mask.)

7. Cook bacon in bulk quick by baking it in the oven. 

(Use this and it cooks the bacon perfectly and very fast!)

8. Weave bacon into squares for the perfect B.L.T.s. 

9. Is your baking soda or baking powder still good? Test it out. Using old baking soda or baking powder that is no longer effective will ruin your recipe. To test baking powder, just mix a teaspoon into half a cup of hot water. Does it bubble? Yay, your baking powder is good to use! If not, replace it before you get started. And what about baking soda? Mix a quarter of a teaspoon into 2 teaspoons of vinegar. Once again, you should immediately see bubbling. If you don’t, the baking soda is no longer effective. Baking soda is rarely labeled with an expiration date, so this is super helpful to know! (Haven't tested but definitely going to try!)



10. Tired of your bananas going bad before you get to eat them? Wrap the top of your bananas with plastic wrap and they’ll last four to five days longer.

11. Alton Brown Method of Hard-Cooking Eggs: 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Baked eggs are better because they are less sulfurous (smelly) and the texture of the finished eggs is creamier.

12Lather a moat of PB around the J for a drip-free PB&J sandwich.
(Can not wait to try this out!)

Be Kind, Be Beautiful, Be You-Ashley

Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss a post! Leave a comment I'd love to chat with you! And as always if you can't get enough of my fabulousness you can join me on any and all my social media. They are all linked below.

Tumblr

Snapchat






No comments:

Post a Comment