Monday, August 15, 2016

Life Update

  
 Holy moly it has been way too long! I just wanted to hop on here real quick and give yall a little update and apologize for being such a slacker! 

      I fell off the reading bandwagon for a while, but I started back a few months ago, so I will be doing book reviews again and monthly book updates. 

      A lot has happened in the last year. My father in law passed away in March from leukemia, part of the reason I went M.I.A. We had to move in with my mother in law to help my sister in law take care of him and help take care of my niece. Needless to say, it was crazy busy and beyond stressful. 

      We are still homeschooling but, Cadence is going back to public school this year! I am so scared and happy for her, lots of mixed emotions and anxiety. I know it is what she needs and will be good for her but that doesn't mean that this momma is okay with this new change! Haha, I will be...maybe be by the end of the year. Kord is staying home at least another year. (We school with a public school option at home called Epic One-on-One Charter School) We are working on getting his IEP finished and he will be in intensive reading therapy this year as well. Last year we were blessed with the most amazing teacher I could have ever asked for. She is our teacher again this year. She has worked so hard to get Kord to read, and I have no doubt that this year will be his breakthrough year! 

      Now for myself, well, not much to update either. Still no update on my disability. Still fighting the, what seems, the never ending battle. We did find out that I have Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, COPD, and of course Severe Asthma. So ummm,yeah, yay me! My lungs pretty much said screw you lets not work anymore! Haha! Around March I stumbled upon an amazing beauty community on Periscope. Some of the girls I have made life long friendships with. We talk nearly every day. Many of the girls have truly been a blessing to me. They have sent me "random acts of kindness" makeup boxes, makeup that I would have never been able to afford. They have been there to pull me out of a horrible depression slump. We even started a book club, part of the reason I am back to reading again. It has been great to have friends all over the world. If you're needing some amazing friends and LOVE makeup, I highly suggest joining our little community,{6543,Two, One, Makeup}. I also started a Youtube channel. I only have a few videos up. My computer crashed on me in the middle of editing a video! (insert crying huge rivers emoji!) I downloaded an app on my phone, so I hope to get back to videos soon as well. They won't be near as nicely edited but I suppose it will work for a temporary fix. 


      Hubby is doing good. He is busy working all the time. Not much to update on him. 


      That's about it on the homefront. Lots of little things happening and I can't wait to fill y'all in along the way. I am working on a few book reviews, so stay tuned for those.



Be Kind, Be Beautiful, Be You-Ashley

      Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss a post! Leave a comment I'd love to chat with you! And as always if you can't get enough of my fabulousness you can join me on any and all my social media. They are all linked below.

Instagram
Twitter
Periscope
Goodreads
Snapchat

2 comments: